Hello, friends! Over the past couple of years, Halfway Anywhere has become a full-time endeavor. After having a number of you reach out to me wondering how you can best support the site, I’ve finally gotten around to creating a Patreon.
If you’re unfamiliar with the Patreon platform, it’s a way for you to support me and to be rewarded for your support. Currently, Patrons (that is, people who support me on Patreon) are eligible for the following:
- A list of unpublished discount codes available only to Patreon supporters
- Exclusive content available only on Patreon (i.e. bonus blog posts)
- Halfway Anywhere stickers (and my “I Hate Hiking” sticker”)
- Monthly Q&A sessions with yours truly
- Inclusion on my Supporters Page and social media shout outs
- The opportunity to request new Patreon-exclusive content
- Postcards! Yes, a handwritten thing in the mail delivered by a real person.
Tiers begin at just $1 a month – that’s like a six-pack of beer per year. If you feel that you’ve gotten enough out of the site to justify buying me a six-pack (or to pay for 17.6 hours of server time for Halfway Anywhere), then I would truly appreciate the support. If you can’t swing it, it’s all good. Just let me know if there’s anything I can do to improve the site!
If you’re not able to offer your support on Patreon, that’s fine, friend. There still are plenty of (free) ways to support Halfway Anywhere.
For example, I use affiliate links on the site which means that when you make a purchase via one of these links (like the ones in my current gear list, for example), I may earn a small commission – and at no additional cost to you!
If you don’t fancy buying gear, you can always support me by following, liking, commenting, and watching on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, and Tumblr. And if you’re not big on social media, you can always sign up for my newsletter or simply continue to visit Halfway Anywhere for new content. Reading, commenting, and telling your awesome outdoorsy friends about the site helps a lot!
Any questions? Get in touch! Or better yet, head over to Patreon.