This is my gear list when I began the PCT. The final and updated gear list (likely much more useful) can be found here.
Talking about gear (specifically their own gear, and even more specifically – how much it weighs) apparently gets most hikers very sexually aroused.
Since the advent of internet pornography has effectively dulled my ability to achieve said state of arousal, I figured I would give this gear banter a shot.
I will provide more detailed reviews and descriptions of my gear in time, but this is the barebones list of items lucky enough to be brought along for 2,600 miles of my company.
GEAR LIST SPREADSHEET
A few things to note about this spreadsheet:
- Yes, I have a lot of electronics, no I am not willing to part with anything (as it stands now, that is)
- Yes, I need two cameras
- Yes, I also need that speaker
- Prices listed are MSRP
- I paid (far) under retail for 95% of the items listed (if I didn't already own them)
- I weighed all items myself (instead of using the manufacturer's data (often inaccurate))
- This list will not be 100% accurate until I actually start down the trail (5 days from today's date)